Thursday, March 20, 2014

Searching for Emotion

Capture the Emotion

"The best pictures are often ones that are quite evocative. They capture the emotion of a particular moment, and engage and elicit an emotional response from the person looking at them so that they build their own interpretation of the situation." Elliot Erwitt.
This was my third morning practicing street photography, this time in Fatih neighborhood. I got my camera and tried to focus on emotions and I end up isolating people. The hardest thing was to get several emotions by getting people mixed and interact in a single frame. This was new to me, never done it before so it really challenges me to think in a different way and ahead of the situation.  I usually shoot by instinct.
Here are the ones I could decently capture and define according to the way I see them and yet they might be subjected to be categorized in some other way.


.
Level 1.  Interest






 



.
Level 2.  Joy
















.
Level 3.  Surprise









.
Level 4. Distress








.
Level 5. Mixed















I chose Black and White because it makes you concentrate on the essentials: light, story, form, emotion and information. It’s about capturing reality and the raw aesthetic, not what can be enhanced by colour. It offers a different way of looking at things.

This is a work in progress project of mine.  İt will probably change over time but so far it has help me to focus and learn to capture emotions and interactions. Still a way to go but that's the beauty of it. 


Soreya Reyes

STREET LIFE AND DOCUMENTARY PHOTOGRAPHY

Twitter:  @street_photos_

No comments:

Post a Comment