Friday, May 2, 2014

Children of the Streets of İstanbul



Pay Attention to the Eyes

"If you want to improve your street photography (or portraiture) by a thousand percent then paying attention to a person’s eyes is the way to do it. People can be so skilled at hiding their emotions on their faces but their eyes will never lie. I see too many street photos with blank stares these days. Search for that hint of emotion in a person’s eyes and it will have a transformative effect on your photography." James Maher.

I am a mother of two boys so it is impossible not to look to children when I am on the streets. More if you walk thru the streets of İstanbul where some of them have a life on their own.
Here are some of the faces that capture my eye and my heart. It made me look back to my childhood in Mexico.


















































Most of these pictures are not technically correct, I had been improving the use of light but still I have a long way to go. Nonetheless I treasure this moments and I want to share them with you because I know that sometime in the future when I get back to where all began it will give me courage to keep looking and fighting for the faces must people don't want to see.  
 I just wish them all a happy life although I know is not going to be an easy one. We all struggle thru life some more than others but I wish they have the opportunity to follow their dreams.


I hope you enjoy the views!

Soreya Reyes

STREET LIFE AND DOCUMENTARY PHOTOGRAPHY

Twitter:  @street_photos_




No comments:

Post a Comment